By Trevor T. Trugiolo September 12, 2021.
CASPER, Wyo – Officials from Casper Fire-EMS said Sunday morning that two evicted workers were able to put out a fire.
According to a Casper Fire-EMS statement, firefighters were dispatched to the 200-block structure on North Elk Road in Casper around 4:15 p.m.
Firefighters said they had come to find heavy smoke coming from a family home.
The article continues below …
Authorities said “staff searched the house and made sure all occupants were evacuated.” “One resident was assessed for shortness of breath, but was not transported to the hospital.
Workers reportedly found the fire in the bathroom on the main floor of the house and it quickly went out.
“Smoke and heat damage on the main floor was significant. The damage to the bathroom and the neighboring hallway was extensive. Two residents were displaced by the blaze, ”said firefighters.
The City-County Fire Department provided a check to help firefighters evacuate.
Four units from Casper Fire-EMS responded, along with the acting lieutenant colonel, officers and investigators.
“Saving the work of Casper Fire-EMS smoke alarms reminds everyone. Smoke alarms should be placed on the floor of your home, in common areas and in sleeping areas, ”said fire officials. “Check your smoke alarms every month to make sure they are in good condition. If you have older chimneys, replace the batteries twice a year. New chimneys have batteries that can last up to 10 years without replacement. For more information, please contact Fire Jason Parks at the information above.