Why is US oil and gas lagging behind Europe in consolidating renewable energy?

Fossil fuels account for 73% of global greenhouse gases (GHG), while the oil and gas industry accounts for about 50% of global GHG.

One way to cut down on GHG is to cut down on oil and gas production, and by multiplying and investing in renewable energy (ie, changing production) to reduce production.

In the United States, companies are focusing on less direct methods to reduce GHG (ie, change the process):

· One way to reduce GHG is to turn on their own work with green light – for example, to pick up brake jobs using wind or solar power. But at most this is only 25% of a company’s GHG – the other 75% is due to combustion of oil and gas products.

· The easiest way to reduce GHG is to clean methane from wells, pipelines and processing plants. Last September the US Senate as a fuel deliveries to delete laws to avoid contamination and air pollution runoff i’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’o’ē’ē’ē’o’ē’ē’ē’o’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ēši’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ēni’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ē’ēni’ē’ēni’ēmimimimimimišilēlē methane at the end of June, -ē.pi.

According to the EDF, methane is responsible for 25% of the global warming we are currently experiencing. The quickest, lowest cost way to reduce today’s temperature is to limit methane emissions from the oil and gas industry.

As new laws fight methane emissions, methane’s key moment is now in the hands of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The new rules are expected in early October 2021.

· Carbon Container and Storage (CCS). ExxonMobil
XOM
It stores 9 million metric tons of CO2 annually, equivalent to 11 million truck loads per year. The company plans to invest $ 3 billion in 20 new CCS facilities. The company is allocating $ 100 billion to oil and gas companies and the government to bury GHG in the Gulf of Mexico. In CCS, “grave” is a deep-seated CO2 in unburned stone slabs and eventually chemically mixed with rock.

CHS is an indirect approach because it does not stop the release of GHG from fossils. Only captures and bury the found GHG. However, CCC is important for the concept of net-zero, as any remaining fossil is an escape route to eliminate GHG.

In contrast, the European continent is full of examples of integrating renewables into their future:

· The world’s leading wind farm, Denmark, has recently stopped oil and gas exploration and plans to close its oil production by 2050.

· Norway has an active oil and gas industry, most of which is exported with high carbon footprint. But Ecuador is developing coastal wind systems in partnership with British BP to supply electricity to New York City. According to the VAT. And because of national policy incentives such as carbon tax cuts for EVs, electric vehicles (EVs) now lead 60% of the world with new sales.

· BP has pledged to invest 40% in renewable energy by 2030, and is studying plans for a large blue hydrogen plant in Tesseid, England.

· French Energy has invested $ 8 billion in renewable energy since 2016, including $ 2.5 billion in Adani Green Energy, which shares 50% of the company’s solar systems.

· By 2021, Germany will produce 10 megawatts of green hydrogen. In Ireland, 51% of the 300 MW wind farm is owned.

U.S. oil and gas production has focused on their past successes – including the dramatic Le’el revolution of the last 20 years.

Demand for oil and gas will fall in the United States if the Binding administration achieves its goals of greening electricity and converting cars and trucks into electric vehicles. Oil and gas supply could fall by 30% between 2020 and 2030-2035 if demand is met.

Dozens of oil and gas companies growing in the Delaware Basin in southeastern New Mexico can invest in solar / solar systems in the Chihuua Desert. New Mexico promises to provide 80% of renewable energy by 2040.

There is money to do this – the basin is estimated at $ 24 billion / year per year on the well in 2019 and more in 2021. The January 2021 federal termination of the new oil and gas well lease on federal land provides an opportunity and motivation. Do this in the wilderness.

.

Leave a Comment