A mall in Nottingham has been evacuated on suspicion of “gas leaks” and people have been warned to “clear the area.”
The Victorian Center was cleared before 12 noon on Saturday morning, as Nottingham Fire and Hunter sent four engines to the scene.
Crowds gathered outside and a fire extinguisher was installed at the intersection of Upper Parliament Street.
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service We have four items due to a suspected gas leak at the Victoria Center in Nottingham.
“People are being evacuated from the building, and we are asking people to stay away from the area.”
Videos from the scene show firefighters standing in the yard and people being forced to leave the mall.
One consumer tweeted: “I was wasting my time walking around the Victoria Center. [until] My sister came but the alarm went off and we were told to leave. There are fire engines here.
Another tweeted, “I was trying on pants at the time.”
The third person said: “I was wandering around the Victoria Center killing time until my sister arrived, but the alarm went off and we were told to leave. Now there are fire engines here. I want a good cold day, why is there chaos?”
“We confirm that an incident has occurred in the area and we are waiting for further instructions from the Fire Service Advice Center.”
“At this stage we are not able to share any more information but we will update as soon as possible.”
For the latest news on all news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters over here.
The nearby college opening day was also affected, and roads were congested.
The Confederate Institute of Innovation Technology says: “If you come to your college-level opening day, make sure you have plenty of time for travel – the streets around Confeti are experiencing heavy traffic during the next event. Our last campus tour will start at 3 p.m.
Nottingham Play House also warned theatergoers who may be in traffic jams and make a plan: