Reading – Natural Gas Explosion – Pennsylvania News Today

Marshall Reading, Jeremy Surphos, said on Wednesday afternoon that three people, including a woman, had been injured in a natural gas fire that engulfed an apartment on the second floor of the reading room on Tuesday afternoon. He said.

221 N. 10th St.

The source of the fire is unknown, but there may be several electronics in the back apartment on the second floor, and investigators found evidence of the explosion and poured the walls south, tearing down the entire building. I said I did.

When the fire broke out around 2:45 pm, the only occupant of the apartment was sleeping in her bedroom, Serphos said. She woke up, found debris, and burned all around.

“She was able to stand up and protect our boys,” said the fire chief.

The woman was first treated by firefighters at the Reading Fire Department before being transferred to the fire station at Lehi Valley Hospital near Allenta.

Searfoss said he had burns on his arms, legs, and back.

“She’s lucky to be alive,” he said. But she really has a way of recovering.

He did not give her name and no information was immediately available.

According to Surphos, the pressure on the gas storage was confirmed by the fall of the Birco Gate to the basement, and firefighters had to climb the stairs when they first entered the ground floor.

Firefighters also say that natural gas has a strong odor. This is a chemical that is added to natural gas to give the smell of rotten eggs.

The two residents of the first-floor apartment they are visiting did not suffer head or neck burns and were taken to Reading Hospital by ambulance staff.

According to Serphos, researchers believe that the source of the gas is a drain pipe that feeds the cooking stove. You do not know if the collection is slow or fast. No one in the building smelled of natural gas.

The building was damaged and could not be salvaged, Serphos said.

The American Red Cross supports two of the three tenants in three apartments with emergency housing and other needs.

The fire brigade controlled the fire within 20 minutes.

The fire in the middle of the house was caused by a quarrel between city firefighters, Serphos said. The blaze spread quickly before the workers arrived, limiting access to debris near the building.

Leave a Comment