He wants to develop a giant floating beach wind farm in South Korea

Once completed, the project will be located off the coast of Ulsan, South Korea.

Insung Jion | Moment | Getty Images

A joint project focused on the development of wind farms off the coast of South Korea.

The major oil and gas companies own 80% of the gene, which is called Munmuram, and the remaining 20% ​​is owned by CoensHexicon. The latter is a joint venture between COENS, headquartered in South Korea, and Hexicon, a Swedish company.

In a statement earlier this week, WeekL said the project was part of what it described as a “feasibility assessment.” If the 1.4 GW wind farm is built, it is located 65 to 80 km from the southeastern coastal town of Ulsan and the industrial center.

For the proposed facility, water depths will be built in stages, ranging from 120 to 160 meters. It is expected to generate more than 1 million households up to 4.65 tewatwat hours per year.

Read more about pure power from CNBC Pro

Joe Naei, General Manager of Coastal Asia, said on Wednesday that it is looking at the coastal wind as a key component of a clean zero energy system in South Korea and internationally.

The formal establishment of MunmuBaram comes as South Korean authorities aim to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. The country aims to increase its share of renewable energy by 2030 by 7.6% by 2017 and to develop 12 GW. Coastal wind capacity by 2030.

Major players

Big is not the only big company in coastal wind projects. Last month, RWE Tadash and Kansai Electric Power signed an agreement to study the feasibility of a submarine wind project on the coast of Japan.

And The 30-megawatt facility, which opened in Norway in 2017, will be called “the first full-size floating wind farm” by Norway’s chief energy officer Ikund Hund.

Floating wind turbines are different from submersible wind turbines. RWE describes floating turbines as “operating on top of floating structures with horizontal lines and anchors.”

One advantage of floating turbines is that they can be used in shallow water. According to Carbon Trust, a consulting firm, “stations far from the coast will benefit from more consistent wind resources, which means that floating wind yields higher yields.”

Ll is working on renewable energy projects and He said he wants to be a net zero emissions energy company by 2050, and will continue to be a fossil fuel producer. In February, the company reported total oil production. It has reached its peak in 2019 and overall carbon emissions are expected to rise. It is expected to reach 1.7 gigabytes per year in 2018.

.

Leave a Comment