Flat Rock, Mic. – On Thursday, residents of Zone One in Zone Rock were told that it was safe to return home after being evacuated due to gas leaks at the Ford Flat Rock convention site.
According to government officials, recent tests show that the air is protected from dangerous gasoline, but some homeowners are not ready to go back.
A town hall meeting was held on Saturday, in which residents expressed concern.
Dozens of flat rock residents attended the meeting and discussed what had happened to their community and what to do next.
For the past few weeks, they have been hard on flat rock because of the gas leaks that have engulfed their communities.
Wayne County officials said people in Zone One are making sure the impact of the spill is clear and that most residents will be able to return home.
State, county, and federal officials have investigated, and Ford’s gasoline into the sewer system is not an indoor air hazard for most flat rock homes and businesses. Excluding dozens of homes previously tested on gasoline standards.
Residents of Fort Rock said they have additional questions and concerns, especially when it comes to reimbursing Ford for the cost of leaving their home.
“There were people who spent more than $ 500, $ 200 on gas, $ 500 on groceries. Thousands – I listed those numbers as a family of four, ”said one resident. “We didn’t even have a guarantee that Ford would pay for everything. So that communication itself is not letting people know that people can answer you for the problems that a $ 56 billion company has created.
Wayne County officials say Ford will provide hotel accommodation to families in one or two zones in the affected areas, but residents say this is not enough.
No one from Ford Motor Company was present at the town hall meeting.
More Downloader News
Copyright 2021 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.